Mr. Ballew began practicing law in 1985. His practice focuses upon representing management in all aspects of labor/employment law including general advice, Title VII administrative matters, Title VII litigation, collective bargaining negotiations, contract administration, employment torts, wage and hour matters and restrictive employment covenant disputes.
Mr. Ballew is the author and co-author of several labor/employment publications including “Understanding the Interplay Between Workers Compensation, the Americans With Disabilities Act, and Family Medical Leave Act,” MICPEL, 1997 and “Drafting Employment Documents.” MICPEL, 1996-2000.In addition, he regularly speaks to trade associations, civic associations, clients and the general public on topics including the Americans With Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, Interviewing Techniques, Sexual Harassment, Wage and Hour issues, Workplace Violence and Restrictive Covenants.
- Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Maryland State Bar Association (Labor/Employment Section)
- American Bar Association (Labor/Employment Section)
- University of Maryland School of Law, Juris Doctor awarded in 1984
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Bachelor of Arts (Political Science and Economics) awarded in 1981
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Howard County Chamber of Commerce
- Howard County Leadership Association
- Christmas in April/Howard County (Board of Directors)
- Steven Daniel Jeffreys Foundation, Ltd. (Board of Directors)