Mr. Basile began practicing law in 1990. His practice concentrates in insurance coverage and defense, including trucking liability, construction law, aviation law, and maritime law, as well as plaintiff’s personal injury, product liability law, and professional malpractice.
He is a member of the Maryland State Bar Association, the Prince George’s County Bar Association, and the Baltimore City Bar Association. Mr. Basile has an active trial practice and has litigated cases before administrative agencies as well as State and Federal Courts.
Mr. Basile has a diverse practice representing plaintiffs and defendants in personal injury, product liability and professional malpractice matters. He handled cases on behalf of a major local professional sports team, a movie production company, and other entertainment businesses. He has argued insurance, commercial and workers’ compensation cases before the Maryland Court of Special Appeals. In addition to trial work, he has obtained summary judgments on a variety of cases, including claims against a security company whose employee shot and paralyzed plaintiff; an airport manager in a claim filed by a woman who suffered serious injuries when she was struck by a propeller; and a beachfront restaurant whose patron sustained a cervical fracture while diving into the adjoining water.
Mr. Basile has also represented individuals who were seriously injured or killed as a result of medical malpractice, product defects, security failures, automobile accidents and other occurrences.
Mr. Basile is an active certified Private Pilot.
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
- George Washington University Law School, Juris Doctor awarded in 1990
- State University of New York at Albany, Bachelor of Science (Business Administration) awarded in 1987
- United States Supreme Court
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit