Ms. Szymanowski began practicing law in 2005. She received her Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Baltimore in 2000. She then attended Tulane University Law School, receiving her JD in 2003. Upon graduation, she served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable John P. Miller in the Circuit Court for Baltimore City. During her clerkship term, Ms. Szymanowski obtained her LL.M in taxation in 2005, from the University of Baltimore School of Law.
During her practice of law, Ms. Szymanowski joined the Young Lawyers Division of the Bar Association of Baltimore City, moved into leadership and served as the Chair of the Division for the 2015 – 2016 bar year; and then serving on the Maryland State Bar Association Board of Governors from 2016 – 2018.
Ms. Szymanowski’s tax practice concerns both tax planning (for both profit and non-profit entities) and the resolution of tax disputes. She has represented individuals, businesses, and charities before the Internal Revenue Service, the State of Maryland Department of Assessments & Taxation, and local tax boards.
Her business practice includes general business representation, with a particular emphasis on business sales, acquisitions, and mergers. She has negotiated numerous commercial loans for businesses and churches; and has managed many complex real estate sales to closing.
Ms. Szymanowski lives in Canton with her husband and two children. She and her family enjoy spending their free time together on the shore at Rehoboth Beach.
- Young Lawyers Division of the Bar Association of Baltimore City, Chair 2015-2016; Chair-Elect 2014-2015; Secretary 2013–2014; Events Committee Chair 2012-2013; Member At Large 2011-2012; Continuing Legal Education Chair 2009-2011
- Bar Association of Baltimore City, Long Range Planning Committee Member
- Maryland State Bar Association, Board of Governors 2016-2018
- Baltimore Bar Foundation Life Fellow
- Tulane University Law School, Juris Doctorate, 2003
- University of Baltimore School of Law, LL.M in Taxation, 2005
- University of Baltimore, Bachelor of Science (Criminal Justice) (summa cum laude), 2000
- S. District Court for the District of Maryland