Mr. Nelson began practicing law in 2009. He graduated with College Honors from Washington University in St. Louis. He then attended the University of Baltimore School of Law, where he graduated magna cum laude in 2009.
While pursuing his studies, Mr. Nelson acted both as a judicial intern in the Court of Special Appeals of Maryland for the Honorable James R. Eyler and as a student attorney sworn into the Maryland State Bar practicing in the University of Baltimore School of Law Family Law Clinic.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Nelson served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Pamela J. White in the Circuit Court for Baltimore City.
Mr. Nelson joined the firm after his judicial clerkship, and became a member of its insurance defense litigation group. He has continued to concentrate his practice in that field, working cooperatively, efficiently, and effectively with insurance carriers and their insureds to defend claims for serious injuries and disputed liability matters.
Mr. Nelson advocacy for his clients extends beyond the trial courts to include appellate briefing and argument, both to protect favorable results won at trial, and to reverse contrary decisions wrongly made.
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Maryland Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Juris Doctorate awarded (magna cum laude) in 2009
- Washington University in St. Louis, Bachelor of Arts awarded (College Honors) in 2006
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia