Mr. Schetelich is highly regarded by attorneys and the community at large for his legal skills and community service. He holds an AV rating from Martindale Hubbell, awarded by peer review, for the highest standards of professional skill and ethical practice. He has repeated been named a Maryland Super Lawyer. He is a frequent speaker and author on business, taxation and charitable issues. He managed national representations for real estate and hospitality clients. He has been named one of Maryland’s Top Ten Attorneys by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys.
Mr. Schetelich also has extensive court room and trial experience, in both Maryland state courts and Federal courts. He has appeared before both Maryland appellate courts and has been admitted to practice in the United State Supreme Court, and in three separate Circuits of the United States Court of Appeals. He has managed an extensive toxic tort defense as the lead Baltimore City attorney for asbestos defendants.
Mr. Schetelich devotes much of his practice to assisting churches and Christian ministries throughout Maryland. He is the National President of the Christian Professional Network and the editor of its monthly publication CPN On Point. He has served as the commentator on Religion and the Law, a regular radio feature. He is the current President of The Baltimore School of the Bible (where he was an instructor for over 25 years), and also for the Maryland Bible Society. He also serves on the national board for Christian Missions in Many Lands, and for many years the Maryland Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Greater Baltimore Center for Pregnancy Concerns (past Chairman).
Mr. Schetelich has been honored by both Baltimore City and the Maryland General Assembly for outstanding citizenship in serving the citizens of Baltimore. He lives in Baltimore City, Harbor East with his wife Victoria.
- Maryland State Bar Association (Estate and Trust Section, Tax Section)
- Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Washington and Lee University School of Law Juris Doctor (magna cum laude) 1980
- Burks Scholar Teaching Fellow, John Marshall Research Fellow (Order of the Coif)
- Kean College of New Jersey, Bachelor of Arts, 1977 (summa cum laude)
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Fourth, Eleventh, Federal, and D.C. Circuit Courts of Appeals