Mr. Ballew began practicing law in 1985, and brought his labor/employment law group to the firm in 1997. His practice includes general advice, Title VII administrative matters, Title VII litigation, collective bargaining negotiations, contract administration, arbitrations, employment torts, wage and hour matters, and restrictive employment covenant disputes.
Mr. Ballew is the author and co-author of several labor/employment publications including “Understanding the Interplay Between Workers Compensation, the Americans With Disabilities Act, and Family Medical Leave Act,” MICPEL, 1997 and “Drafting Employment Documents.” MICPEL, 1996-2000.In addition, he regularly speaks to trade associations, civic associations, clients and the general public on topics including the Americans With Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, Interviewing Techniques, Sexual Harassment, Wage and Hour issues, Workplace Violence and Restrictive Covenants.
- Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Maryland State Bar Association (Labor/Employment Section)
- Member of Committee on Laws
- University of Maryland School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1984
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Bachelor of Arts (Political Science and Economics),1981
- S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Maryland Chamber of Commerce
- Co-Chair of Employment Law Committee
- Howard County Chamber of Commerce
- Howard County Leadership Association
- Maryland School for the Blind
- Rebuilding Together/Howard County (Past Board President)
- Columbia Pro Cantare (Past Board President)